Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Return to Form

What's live tribe?  It's your guy Manolo, and I'm back from hiatus, ready to drop some hoop knowledge on ya.



I titled this one "Return to Form" for three reasons.  Check my science:

1. I am returning the form.  Yes, that means I'm back to dropping consistent and insightful hoop knowledge.

2. After a lengthy lockout, and then an abbreviated training camp and preseason, most of the players have finally returned to form; Translation: the NBA is exciting again.  And,

3. The Greatest NBA Team EVER CREATED, MY CHICAGO BULLS, are back out front, in the East.  They're in their rightful place.

With that said, lets get into some hoop knowledge.



First things first. Ricky Rubio is the real deal.  Every time I watched this guy play, he was always solid. Does he play with flair? Of course he does. But this is America, and flair sells. This dude has a bright future.  Check some out some of his highlights.  He'll be rookie of the year this season.

Also in Timberwolves news, Kevin Love and the Wolves are closing in on an extension.  I'm just want it on record of me saying the Wolves, currently at 6-8, will make the playoffs this year. Go Wolves.

The Cavaliers are suprisingly medicore this season at 6-7, and they just brought back Big Z in an assistance GM role. Classy move. I wonder if they'll invite LeBron back in some capacity when he retires? Hmmm?

Amar'e Stoudemire is pretty pissed at Jerry Colangelo for the Olympic snub. What can you say, though? You suck right now, Amar'e. Step your play up.  Your blouse is showing now that you're playing with another bona fide star. Ha...

And tonight, the best team in the NBA, the OKC Thunder, lost to the worst team in the league, the Washington Wizards 102-105. While the Wizards are catching a lot of heat for their record of 1-12 before this win, I don't think it's the players fault. This team is lacking a veteran presence to act as a calming force on and off the court.  I say trade every one not named Jordan, Javale, and John and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment